Family. Food. Beautiful Spaces. Healing. Travel. Living Free.
This nutritionally packed salad is one of my favorite recipes. It goes great as a main meal or as a side! Bring it with you for lunch the next day also; it makes great leftovers.
3 cups super greens lettuce mix
1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 cups carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 avocado, sliced
*Raw Marinated Kale
*Raw Marinated Mushrooms
*Almond Ginger Dressing
1. Combine all the ingredient above except for the avocado, mushrooms, and dressing.
2. Add in the dressing a few tablespoons at a time. This way you can judge how much dressing you want to use.
3. Serve with avocado slices and mushrooms on top.
1 head of Dino Kale, washed, dried, and chopped (you can always use the prepackaged bags of kale from the grocery store. If you chose to go this route use about half of the bag.)
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
1. Transfer the kale to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and massage with your hands until kale is soft and dark.
2. Add lemon juice and keep massaging until the lemon juice is thoroughly mixed throughout the kale.
3. Stir in the olive oil.
Raw Marinated Mushrooms (these go great by themselves as well!)
2 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 lemon, juiced
5-6 tsp of nama shoyu
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 Tbs of water
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together except for the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms in the bowl with the marinade and allow them to marinate for at least 6-12 hours. (You can also use the plastic baggie method for marinating!)
Almond Ginger Dressing (I use this dressing for A LOT of salads I eat. It is soooo good! And this will make a lot, so feel free to half it!) Ingredients:
1 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 large garlic clove
1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp Himalayan salt
3 Tbs + 1 tsp of nama shoyu
2 Tbs maple syrup
1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs lemon juice
2 tsp onion powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.