Family. Food. Beautiful Spaces. Healing. Travel. Living Free.
By Amy DiPaola
makes 12 regular size cupcakes
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 batch coconut maple frosting
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin and lightly oil.
2. Combine the almond milk, vanilla, coconut oil, and vinegar. Whisk in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
3. Pour in muffin tins filling each tin 1/2-3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing each cupcake and placing on a cooling sheet. Let these fully cool before the next step.
4. At the top of the cupcake, cup out a slightly smaller ping-pong ball size hole. Keep the top layer of cake and place the rest of the cake into a bowl. Do this with each cupcake. Then, fill a plastic baggie with the coconut maple frosting and fill each hole. Place the top layer of cake back on top of each cupcake to cover the hole.
5. Once you have finished step 4, top each cupcake with frosting. Sprinkle shredded coconut and almonds. Enjoy! These keep well in the refrigerator for about 1 week.