Family. Food. Beautiful Spaces. Healing. Travel. Living Free.
2 cups roasted and salted cashews
2 Tbs coconut oil
2 Tbs natural peanut butter
1 stick of Earth Balance
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (or sucanat)
1 flax egg (1Tbs ground flax + 3 Tbs water)
1 Tbs almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare you baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a blender, blend the cashews until roughly chopped. Remove a heaping 1/2 cup of the cashews and set aside.
3. Add the oil and blend so that a butter forms.
4. Add the peanut butter, earth balance butter and both sugars. Blend until smooth. Then add the flax egg, almond milk and vanilla. Blend again until smooth.
5. Add the flour and blend until a dough consistency is achieved. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the chopped cashews and coconut.
6. Form 1/2 inch sized round balls and place on the lightly oiled baking sheet. Press each cookie with a fork to make the traditional “peanut butter cookie” look. Sprinkle each cookie with salt. Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and serve warm or cooled.