Family. Food. Beautiful Spaces. Healing. Travel. Living Free.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 flax egg (1 1/2 tsp ground flax + 3 TBS water)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
10 dates, pitted
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 tsp oat flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners or just by lightly oiling the muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. Make your flax egg and set aside.
4. In a blender (I use my NutriBullet for this job), blend together the almond milk, pumpkin puree, dates, almond butter, and vinegar. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and also add the flax egg. Whisk until just combined. Pour half of the batter into 12 muffin tins. Set the rest aside.
5. Mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup and oat flour. Add a dollop of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin tin on top of the batter. Add the rest of the muffin batter on top of the cream cheese mixture. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture through the muffin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!!